A State of the Art lighting fixture which reduces energy consumption and infection causing bacteria inside facilities. When VidaShield™ is combined with hand hygiene and environmental cleanliness it is proven to aid in the reduction & elimination of harmful airborne pathogens.
VidaShield™ uses an internal UV chamber that helps in the reduction of bacteria, germs, pathogens, mold, allergens and fungi. TREATING air and reducing the settling of viable bacteria onto surfaces. VidaShield™ treats the air 24/7/365 proven to aid in the reduction of Hospital Associated Infections (HAI). Additionally, VidaShield™ increases energy efficiency by using low consumption LED lighting. Reducing utility cost but increasing room illumination. Allowing medical, public, private, and government facilities to save money, resources, reputation, and enhancing indoor air quality/safety levels for building occupants. VidaShield™ fixtures can be retrofitted to any facility.
How It Works
VidaShield is a UV-C, antimicrobial, environmental air purification system. It combines an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) chamber and air circulating fans with an overhead ceiling light.
The patented system uses UV-C light and filtration to draw in and treat environmental air. It reduces bacterial and fungal populations in treated air and reduces settling bacteria and fungi from treated air 24/7/365.
VidaShield can treat a volume of air equivalent to an 8’ x 10’ x 10’ room four times per hour and can be a useful component in facility cleaning protocols. VidaShield does not substitute for existing building air exchange practices or manual cleaning and disinfection practices.
- HAI (Health-Associated Infections) are infections acquired by patients, staff and visitors in healthcare facilities.
- HAI are contracted by contact with infected individuals, contaminated air, and/or surfaces.
- Everyday 1 out of 20 healthcare patients acquire a HAI.
- At 99,000 deaths per year, HAIs are the 4th leading cause of death in the United States.
- Humans emitting 37 million bacteria per hour.
- HAI cost, exceed $15,000 plus per HAI case, with an estimated economic burden of $45 billion dollars per year, just in the US!
- So how do you control or fix this rampant issue? The answer: VidaShield.